The mission of Riverdale Baptist Church is to celebrate God’s presence, instruct God’s people, demonstrate God’s love, reach God’s world, and connect God’s children.
THE 5 PURPOSES OF RIVERDALE:
1. We exist to celebrate God’s Presence (Worship) – Psalm 29:2 – “Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.” (ESV)
2. We exist to instruct God’s People (Disciple) – Hebrews 6:1 – “Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ, and go on to maturity…” (ESV)
3. We exist to demonstrate God’s Love (Service) – I Corinthians 12:4-5 – “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit, and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord;” (ESV)
4. We exist to reach God’s World (Evangelism) – Romans 10:13-15 – “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!' ” (ESV)
5. We exist to connect God’s Children (Fellowship) – Ecclesiastes 4:9-10,12 – “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him - a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” (ESV)